Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jennifer E Jones <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/23 19:46:17 UTC

Re: users Digest 23 Mar 2014 15:23:08 -0000 Issue 493

When I tried the wizard, I never got options to make something that looks like what I want for output so I got an  extension to create a report in design view so I could get nice looking labels.  I am trying to make an address book that lets me ptint labels based off of a designated query. I have made the entry form and query which work fine and then started on the report.  It executes the query properly except there is no option for modifying report layout. I was hopeful that shrink would work, but this seems to do nothing.

I also now can't get it to put the output into columns (no options that I can find).  Here is a screenshot of it in edit view.   I am very frustrated by what should be an easy thing to do...  Jennifer

How can you create floating fields in a Base report
    6785 by: Jennifer E Jones
    6787 by: johnny smith

JenniferOn Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:22:55 -0000, Jennifer E Jones <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have created a Base report but some of my fields contain less data and need to shrink left or up to create a consistent look to the report without a lot of white space.

on the 6th step of report creation, 'create report', choose 'modify report layout' and shrink or expand the columns as you wish.

Re: users Digest 23 Mar 2014 15:23:08 -0000 Issue 493

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:46:17 -0000, Jennifer E Jones <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I tried the wizard, I never got options to make something that looks like what I want for output so I got an  extension to create a report in design view so I could get nice looking labels.  I am trying to make an address book that lets me ptint labels based off of a designated query. I have made the entry form and query which work fine and then started on the report.  It executes the query properly except there is no option for modifying report layout. I was hopeful that shrink would work, but this seems to do nothing.
>
> I also now can't get it to put the output into columns (no options that I can find).  Here is a screenshot of it in edit view.   I am very frustrated by what should be an easy thing to do...  Jennifer

sad to say that your screenshot is filtered by the mailing list. please share it through some file sharing service.

as for modifying report layout, there are 6 steps in the wizard, and the 6th one provides an option not to create report immediately but to finish the wizard and format the table manually through a writer-like interface. so, i can't catch what the problem is; maybe you should expain more clearly.