Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> on 2013/01/18 01:14:29 UTC

[ANDROID] What are the specific requirements re: Android SDK?

I am trying to solve this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2219

Tl;dr: check that user has correct minimums installed w.r.t Android SDK.

There is already something like this in place in the CLI tools for iOS.
The tools runs `xcodebuild -version` and then using semver I parse through
it to see if the minimum is installed (4.5.1).

Looking through the android implementation's read me this isn't explicitly
listed out. From experience I (think) the requirements are "download all
the targets".

Is this correct?

Can we brainstorm the specific requirements and list them out here? I want
the CLI tools to do something like (and this is rough but hopefully you
get the idea):

1. run `android list target`
2. grep through the output and determine if the user has the necessary
stuff

If we can list everything out in this thread I will do my best to codify
it.

Thanks all,
Fil

Re: [ANDROID] What are the specific requirements re: Android SDK?

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
If we search for the string "Android 4.2" or "API level 17" it will catch
both the stock Android and Google entries.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.