Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/25 22:33:39 UTC

New podling members: PPMC member or Committer?

According to https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> Initially, [the PPMC] is composed of the Podling’s mentors and the initial committers

But now it seems that some podlings have decided (how???) to restrict their PPMC members.

I understand that after the initial PPMC is created, new committers can be voted as either committers or committers/PPMC members.

But the policy as I understand it is to add all initial committers to the PPMC.

Is this the common understanding?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: New podling members: PPMC member or Committer?

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
>  I understand it is to add all initial committers to the PPMC.

Yes. And this is how I did recently for the new setup Answer podling.

Best,
tison.

Xuanwo <xu...@apache.org> 于2023年10月26日周四 10:04写道:

Posted by Xuanwo <xu...@apache.org>.