Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Travis Graham <t...@tgraham.us> on 2013/08/21 02:30:35 UTC

New User API key

When creating a new user their API key and secret key aren't created by default and there's no API to generate those keys that I can see, only a way to retrieve them using the API.

I checked through the global setting to see if there were any switches to flip and I couldn't find anything that would enable this.

Is it possible to have new user API/secret keys generated on creation or is there an undocumented API call to make that happen? Or is the only way through the Management GUI?

Thanks,
Travis

Re: New User API key

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
On 21-Aug-2013, at 10:13 AM, Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>>
 wrote:

Hi Shanker,

I can see it there in the same link under the category called
"Registration".

LOL. Seems to be a Safari browser "find" issue or a problem between the keyboard and the chair. :)

[cid:333747DF-F9C0-453A-8209-B1F630787F9C@local]

Alternate URL in case the attachment is stripped from the ML.

http://shankerbalan.net/images/safar.png

Thanks,
SWAMY

On 21/08/13 10:04 AM, "Shanker Balan" <sh...@shapeblue.com>> wrote:

Comments inline.

On 21-Aug-2013, at 7:07 AM, Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru
<ve...@citrix.com>> wrote:

The only way that I am aware of is to fire "registerUserKeys" API to
generate and AFAIK, there is no direct way to generate keys on creation.

Hi Venkata,

Cant seem to find any reference to "registerUserKeys" from the Apache
CloudStack 4.1 API docs at
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.1/TOC_Root_Admin.html.

There is a reference to registerUserKeys in the older Cloud.com<http://Cloud.com> API docs
at
http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.3/api_3.0.3/root_admin/registerUser
Keys.html.

Am I looking in the right docs? Perhaps registerUserKeys API is
undocumented for Apache CloudStack?

Regards.
@shankerbalan

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre,
Bangalore - 560 055

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If
you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue
Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> | Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: New User API key

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
Hi Shanker,

Re: New User API key