Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2005/12/17 10:54:11 UTC

TrustRank (was Re: "Something is Wrong with Google’s Mathematical Model")

On Dec 16, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Fredrik Andersson wrote:
> While on the topic, during the "Bourbon update" earlier this year,
> rumors
> were flying around about the "TrustRank" algorithm, which involved
> some
> human input on validating credible sources of data on the web.
> There's a
> paper from Stanford on that, http://www.vldb.org/conf/2004/
> RS15P3.PDF ,
> which is a fun read if you're an LSA geek.

This brings up an interesting and timely topic, feedback.

As we all know, Yahoo has assimilated two high profile folksonomy
systems (flickr and del.icio.us).  Using real people to lend a hand
in findabilty.

I'm curious if folks here are tackling user feedback such as ranking
and tagging with Nutch (or just Lucene).  Anyone?  Besides Otis, of
course, who has the wonderful Simpy service - it's a shame Yahoo
didn't gobble him up, but maybe Google will :)

	Erik