Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com> on 2015/03/16 13:02:03 UTC

[Discuss] Disabling storage pool for provisioning of volumes

Hi,

I would like to propose a new feature "Disabling storage pool for provisioning".  This allows an administrator to disable a storage pool from being used for provisioning of new volumes. Instances with volumes on a disabled pool will continue to run; however, no new volumes will get placed on the storage pool. This feature has been asked for in the community [1]. An initial draft of the FS can also be looked up here [2].

Kindly provide your feedback.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/5jouqvojuhgnlzxt?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecloudstack-%2A+Disable+primary+storage
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Disabling+Storage+Pool+for+Provisioning

Regards,
Devdeep

RE: [Discuss] Disabling storage pool for provisioning of volumes

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.
I've uploaded a draft test plan up here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Test+Plans
Please reach out to me if any questions / feedback around this.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
+1 from me as well.

This would also be a way to stop VMs being added to certain HVs with local storage.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by "Len.Bellemore@alternativenetworks.com" <Le...@alternativenetworks.com>.
+1 from me as well..

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [Discuss] Disabling storage pool for provisioning of volumes

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [Discuss] Disabling storage pool for provisioning of volumes

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.