Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io> on 2016/09/09 04:40:20 UTC

heads-up for develop branch

Hi,

I’m about to commit a change to both newt and repositories which changes the
way parameters are getting passed to debug/download scripts.

Previously they’ve been passed on command-line, and I made a mistake by
not passing them as command line options, but just arguments. This has
made extending the interface difficult, as well as making optional arguments
impossible.

Now I’m changing this to pass these parameters as environment variables.

What this means is that you’ll need to update newt along with the firmware tree,
if you’re using develop.

I’m making the change such that newt will still be backwards compatible; you can
update newt and operate master branch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,