Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by john eipe <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/27 14:48:37 UTC

set solr to return only doc ids and highlighting

Hi

My solr searches with highlighting returns documents (with all fields) that
contain the search words and highlighting.

Is there a way to restrict so that I get only id field + highlighting.

<result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
<doc>
<str name="id">1253</str>
</doc>
</result>
<lst name="highlighting">
</lst>

Regards,
John Eipe

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience,
Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without
humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Re: set solr to return only doc ids and highlighting

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at 'fl' parameter? You can experiment with that in the Admin UI.

Regards,
  Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart