Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Carl Mueller <ca...@smartthings.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/25 18:11:43 UTC

upgrade pinning to v3 protocol: massive drop in writes

We have an app that needs to be pinned to v3 protocol for the upgrade to
3.11.X

... we rolled out the v3 "pinning" and the amount of write counts and
network traffice plummeted by 60-90%. The app seems to be functioning
properly.

has anyone seen anything like this? Could it be "Custom Payloads" in v4?

Re: upgrade pinning to v3 protocol: massive drop in writes

Posted by Colleen Velo <cm...@gmail.com>.
To further clarify @carl.mueller's comments above, it would appear that
both the initial jump in metrics (and subsequent drop) was app-related, not
cassandra related.

--

*Colleen Veloemail: cmvelo@gmail.com <cm...@gmail.com>*

Re: upgrade pinning to v3 protocol: massive drop in writes

Posted by Carl Mueller <ca...@smartthings.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carl Mueller <ca...@smartthings.com.INVALID>.