Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/04/09 16:38:17 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/test testnames.c

----- Original Message -----
From: <rb...@apache.org>
To: <ap...@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 11:57 PM
Subject: cvs commit: apr/test testnames.c

> rbb         01/04/08 21:57:46
>
>   Modified:    test     testnames.c
>   Log:
>   gets is an unsafe function, and it outputs and error message on Linux.
>   Using fgets makes this compile quietly.
>
>   -        if (!gets(rootpath))
>   +        if (!fgets(rootpath, 256, stdin))
>                exit(0);
>            fprintf(stdout, "Enter an add path$ ");
>   -        if (!gets(addpath))
>   +        if (!fgets(addpath, 256, stdin))
>                exit(0);

Fair enough ... however, don't you need to eat the newline with this patch?

stroff = strlen(path) - 1;
while (stroff >= path && apr_isspace(stroff)) {
    path[stroff--] = '\0';
}

Re: cvs commit: apr/test testnames.c

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> >   gets is an unsafe function, and it outputs and error message on Linux.
> >   Using fgets makes this compile quietly.
> >
> >   -        if (!gets(rootpath))
> >   +        if (!fgets(rootpath, 256, stdin))
> >                exit(0);
> >            fprintf(stdout, "Enter an add path$ ");
> >   -        if (!gets(addpath))
> >   +        if (!fgets(addpath, 256, stdin))
> >                exit(0);
>
> Fair enough ... however, don't you need to eat the newline with this patch?
>
> stroff = strlen(path) - 1;
> while (stroff >= path && apr_isspace(stroff)) {
>     path[stroff--] = '\0';
> }

Probably.  I didn't think of that problem.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131