Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ldebello <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2019/02/08 13:46:07 UTC

Shared Subscription

Hi,

We are using artemis 2.6.3 with core queues I know we have address and you
can configure the routing type to multicast in order to mimic the jms topic.

Our service is using JMSListener from spring and configuring the connection
factory for shared subscription. But we are lossing some messages so I would
like to ask if there is some concept or maybe missing some config to get
this configuration right.

To be honest I am not sure if the issue is related to this shared
subscription but I think they could be some relation.

I was looking in docs but I dont find any mention to shared subscription.

Any tipo or comment is appreciated

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Luis

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Will your messages “ressurect” if you restart the broker? (I’m case they
are persistent)

Look for connection leaks in your app if that’s the case.

Another case I can think of is client ack and calling message.ack on the
wrong order? (Well you would need a restart to really lose messages on that
case)

I’m just guessing really as I have nothing else to work on now. If you
provide more info we can help out.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM ldebello <lu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using artemis 2.6.3 with core queues I know we have address and you
> can configure the routing type to multicast in order to mimic the jms
> topic.
>
> Our service is using JMSListener from spring and configuring the connection
> factory for shared subscription. But we are lossing some messages so I
> would
> like to ask if there is some concept or maybe missing some config to get
> this configuration right.
>
> To be honest I am not sure if the issue is related to this shared
> subscription but I think they could be some relation.
>
> I was looking in docs but I dont find any mention to shared subscription.
>
> Any tipo or comment is appreciated
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Regards,
> Luis
>

> --
> Sent from:

Clebert Suconic

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Based on the understanding that you're using JMS I'm not aware of any
"special requirement" other than what is already enforced by JMS itself.

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Justin

Posted by Alain Narcisse SOBNGWI <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Please elaborate on your use-case, broker configuration, and message loss
scenario. Just saying you're losing messages and using shared subscriptions
isn't much to go on.

Justin