Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/07/21 03:40:41 UTC

autodetecting format instead of using subdirectories

Hi,

I Was wondering what folks thought of deprecating the src/site/*/ in
favour of, say, src/site/docs which contains all the docs.

Instead of processing by directory name, we'd need to detect each file's
type (by extension, and possibly content/doctype for things like xml).

The reason I suggest this is that I keep going to look for docs in
src/site/apt, and they aren't there because they are in xdoc. I remember
the structure of the site, not the format of the individual docs.

Thoughts?

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

Re: autodetecting format instead of using subdirectories

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Good point. How would you propose?
>
> src/
>   site/
>     docs/
>     site.xml
>   site_fr/
>     docs/
>     site.xml
>   site_no/
>     docs/
>     site.xml
>   site_en_AU/
>     docs/
>     site.xml
>
> or would you go to the .LANG suffix on each file in a single tree?

Not sure, I can't think of any reasons to go one way over the other.
I'll keep it mind though.

--
Trygve

Re: autodetecting format instead of using subdirectories

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Sounds good to me.