Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> on 2017/07/07 01:05:29 UTC

Kafka operators with Kerberos authentication

Hi,

Has anyone run the Apex Kafka consumer or producer with security enabled?

I got authentication working in embedded mode and looking to deploy to the
cluster. It will require

* keytab
* JAAS config with the KafkaClient settings.
* JVM option  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=./kafka_client_jaas.conf
* config properties:

  <property>

<name>apex.operator.kafkaOutput.prop.properties(security.protocol)</name>
    <value>SASL_SSL</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>apex.operator.kafkaOutput.prop.properties(
sasl.kerberos.service.name)</name>
    <value>kafka</value>
  </property>

I guess the JAAS conf and keytab can be pushed with the FILES argument. Any
other ideas how to set this up?

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Kafka operators with Kerberos authentication

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
The user's keytab needs to be deployed by the application or another user
owned process, just like what would need to occur for YARN.

Thomas

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.