Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nina Rinskaya <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/02 14:15:26 UTC

Re: Harmony passes 94% on derby tests.

Hi,

I might have chosen the wrong thread for this message, but this is
about another well-known unit tests suite - Eclipse Unit Tests. I've
recently filed new JIRA issue
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2038) with the ant
script to run EUT on Harmony. Does it make sense to integrate it to
the buildtest module?

For a moment EUT pass rate on Harmony is ~77%. EUT runs results (on
Linux/ia32 and windows/ia32) are being updated on wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Eclipse_Unit_Tests_Pass_on_DRLVM

A number of EUT test cases fail on Harmony because EUT uses some
hard-coded Sun/Jrockit classlibs names. In particular,
org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.util.Util class uses specific paths to
class libraries jar files (<JRE_HOME>/lib/rt.jar, for example).
org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.runtime.*VMLauncher classes use "javaw" as
vm executable name that is missing in Harmony bundle. So what I would
like to do now is to patch EUT to invoke Harmony correctly if it is ok
with everyone here.

Best regards,
Nina

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Nice work!
Thanks, Vladimir

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
2006/11/7, Nina Rinskaya <ni...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for your reply! And I agree that the right thing is to file
> bugs on EUT. But maybe it is ok to make the patches first as a
> temporary workaround just to be able to run EUT on Harmony and not to
> wait too long for EUT bugs fixes? Does it make sense?

Sure, the patches would be useful even if just hanging in a JIRA. I
suggest to separate issues intended for commit from temporary stuff,
please file additional JIRA for the last.

--
Best regards,
Alexey

Posted by Nina Rinskaya <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x215 day of Apache Harmony Nina Rinskaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I might have chosen the wrong thread for this message, but this is
> about another well-known unit tests suite - Eclipse Unit Tests. I've
> recently filed new JIRA issue
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2038) with the ant
> script to run EUT on Harmony. Does it make sense to integrate it to
> the buildtest module?

I think, yes!