Posted to users@felix.apache.org by mv...@comcast.net on 2010/08/03 21:27:22 UTC

Karaf's deploy directory not picking up new bundles

When I create a new bundle using the maven-bundle-plugin to create the MANIFEST.MF file, Karaf does not pick it up automatically, causing me to have to manually install and then start each package.

Additionally, my project uses several .jar's that don't have bundles for them, and I dont' have the source code.  One example is ehcache.jar.  Because I develop on a very closed network, asking the springsource folks to create a bundle for that .jar would result in a long and arduous approval process from my customer.  So, for each of these jars, I manually create a MANIFEST.MF file based on the MANIFEST.MF files I've seen created using the maven-bundle-plugin.  Karaf's fileinstall also does not pick these up when I place them in the deploy directory, but I can manually install and start them from the command line.  Is there some sort of magic here that I'm missing?  The issue is that I"ve got 30 of these bundles, and talk about a headache!

Mike