Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2005/03/20 22:01:19 UTC

Re: Ruqesting Assistance on Web Services Projects

Tushar Inamdar wrote:

> Hello Aleksander,
>
> I am a currently a Master's student at San Jose State University in
> the Enterprise Software Technologies program, and a research assistant
> at the HAI Lab here. Of recent, I have been researching prospective
> topics for my Master's Project, and was particularly interested in
> projects relating to the Web Services and Java. And it was during this
> that I discovered your work in the area and your web-page.
>
> I am particularly interested in projects relating to the Web Services
> Invocation Framework that allows dynamic invocation of Web Services,
> or similar areas. I have explored the Apache WS project websites to
> look for any desirable but un-implemented functionalities or "TO-DO"
> lists for those projects, but was unable to find any. I came across
> your web-site and I have also been following your threads in the
> Apache WSIF developer list and it is apparent that you have a lot of
> experience in the area. May I kindly request your help in finding any
> un-implemented modules in the WSIF or any other related projects that
> I could take up independently for implementing as my Master's Project.
> I will be highly grateful to receive any sort of help from you.

hi Tushar,

to implement new things in WSIF is a substantial work and not one module
is needed (at least i do not know about it) - it is more of overall
architecture changes to make doc/literal and XML Infoset easier to use
(such as complex types) and async/messaging interactions (with
WS-Addressing, JMS,  ...). that requires very deep understanding of WSIF
so i am not sure if it is appropriate for you Master's Project though if
such proposal was done and implemented it would an impressive amount of
work appreciated by WSIF users ;-)

thanks,

alek