Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <Th...@weidmueller.de> on 2003/02/14 12:34:24 UTC

Meeting in cologne!

Hi list, hi Hussayn,

how many people want to come to cologne so far?

When should the event take place?

Where should it be?

How can we help you organise it?

Any proposals for the agenda so far?

...I volunteer for organisation.

King regards
Thorsten

Re: Meeting in cologne!

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
Hy, Thorsten.

thanks for your offer. Great, i think some help
is really needed, let's get into touch offlist.

Here is a first proposal for agenda,timeshedule,location...
There is still some commitment needed for talks,
or other contribs ;-)

the aim of the meeting
----------------------
Preliminary i see this as a possibillity to get
together, see what others are doing whith cocoon,
brainstorming, generating new ideas, ...
The meeting could be setup as a one day workshop.
The topics are not yet completely specified, but there
is a promising preliminary commitment available(see below).
The results shall be published in an convenient form,
possibly in this list as summary, or if applicable as
a collection of ppt's, docs, whatever on the Wiki? ...

possible types of activities
----------------------------
freely collected from all inputs i got so far:

I workshop activities
- basics (history, future, concepts)
- cocoon for admins (setup, maintenacne)
- best practices

II information exchange
- use of cocoon in business apps
- use cases "What do you use Cocoon for?"

III open issues with cocoon
- Howto to improve cocoon documentation

First proposal for an agenda:
-----------------------------

begin around 9:30 in the morning ?

1 warm up (30 minutes)
   - who are you?
   - What are you doing with cocoon? (very short!)

2 Hot spot (Mathew,Carsten, 30 minutes (is this enough time?))
   Mathew or Carsten will try to attend the meeting.
   Mathew agreed on preparing a talk about Sunshine Portal.

3 talk about one or two active projects (2*30 minutes, N.N)
   getting insight into the project and how cocoon is used.
   content is mainly up to the talker ...

4 questions and answers (60 minutes)
   much like within the cocoon-users list, but face to face ...

Break for lunch

5 brain storming ( ??? )
   what would help us to get more out of cocoon ?

6 ???

possible dates for the meeting
------------------------------
Various constraints apply. From what i got so far, we should setup
a meeting on monday, or friday, but not during Karneval. Currently
the time interval is moving towards the first two weeks in March,
hence we keep with 4 possible days ;-) any further restrictions apply?

location, further organisational issues
---------------------------------------
In my company i can arrange a room for about 10 persons.
It would be great if someone had a beamer at hand.
I can supply a huuuge whiteboard.
For lunch i can arrange something near the company location
(10 minutes to walk)
And after the meeting we'll see then ...
If anyone wants to stay overnight, just give me a note. I can
arrange something for you.

I have setup a mailinglist for this meeting issues to keep
the cocoon-users list free from this stuff. i'm still not
fully convinced, if this was a good idea...

So far there are 13 interested people on the list:

	cocoon-meeting@saxess.com

If others are also interested, please send me a note. Ill put
you on the list too.

But if the list keeps on growing as it does so far,
we will need to look for another location ;-)

regards, Hussayn

Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hi list, hi Hussayn,
>
> how many people want to come to cologne so far?
>
> When should the event take place?
>
> Where should it be?
>
> How can we help you organise it?
>
> Any proposals for the agenda so far?