Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/10/18 20:56:01 UTC

[tobago] build-tools in master pom

The following "extension" is defined in the myfaces master pom:
            <extension>
                <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.maven</groupId>
                <artifactId>build-tools</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </extension>

My question: Is it necessary for tobago builds? For the checkstyle thing?

I ask because this extension breaks the whole myfaces build when you
start from scratch (i.e. with an empty .m2 repo). Reason: because of
this extension declaration the master-pom depends build-tools but
maven does not recognize it as a dependency and therefore tries to
build the master-pom first. Which fails because there is no
build-tools artifact at that time.

Since you tobago guys are just preparing a release, could you please
try out what happens when you comment out this extension declaration.
If tobago is able to build without it we should remove that thing from
the master-pom.

--Manfred

Re: [tobago] build-tools in master pom

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Manfred,

the build-tools artifact is not necessary for the tobago build.
The checkstyle thing is solved different.

Regards

Bernd