Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by lucky <un...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 14:05:00 UTC

Axis2 ADB Binding - Compiling All Schema

HI,
I am encountering one issue regarding the deployment of my web services. I a
have a number of WSDL files.Corresponding to each WSDL file I have an XSD
which has schemas directly used in that WSDL.

So say for WSDl A.wsdl I have A.xsd.; B.wsdl , B.xsd and so on. these xsd's
intern refer to Base.xsd and some other XSDs.
So base.xsd and other Xsds are common among all Web-Services. In some rare
cases A.wsdl may also refer to B.xsd.

Problem -
For each WSDL2Java I get a set of classes from Schema which I bundle with
that Web-Service.
I am not able to get the classses for complete schema in one go. I tried
XSD2Java as well but there if I do it for A.xsd, I get classes for all
referred schema's but not B.xsd etc if they are not referred to from A.xsd.

How can I compile the whole schema in one go, irrespective of whether they
refer to each other or not and use that as a library for all my
Web-Services.I am using ADB binding.

Is there something obvious in Axis2 that I am missing? If any one knows the
solution kindly assist.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Fwd: Axis2 ADB Binding - Compiling All Schema

Posted by Mauro Molinari <ma...@cardinis.com>.
lucky ha scritto:
> - I am using ADB binding while doing WSDL2java. But I guess only
> referred schema from that WSDL gets compiled to classes. So for each
> WSDL, when I do wsdl2Java there is difference in generated classes. I
> want to compile all the schema in one go and put that in lib as a jar.
> So that whenever schema changes I can compile it and test all services.
> In current arrangement I will need to do WSDL2java again to generate
> classes for changed schema.
> - I also tried XSD2java but again it only generated the classes for
> schema which is being referred by the schema on which I am doing xsd2java.
>
> Is there any way I can compile all the schema using ADB binding,
> irrespective of whether it is being referred to or not? I can then do
> WSDL2java only to get skeleton and inline schema and keep already
> genrated classes from external schema as a jar to be referrd to by all
> skeletons.

This is what I actually do. To generate all the classes corresponding to
schema types there's an option of WSDL2Java called "generate all the
classes" (-g). Doing that, you can generate all the classes of types in
a shared XSD that is imported by a WSDL, even if that WSDL doesn't
reference all of those types.

Hope this helps.

--
Mauro Molinari
Software Developer

Re: Fwd: Axis2 ADB Binding - Compiling All Schema

Posted by lucky <un...@gmail.com>.
Deepal,
Thanks for looking into my problem. It will not be possible to share all the
aar files and schema. Because of size as well as confidentiality issue :(.
However its crucial for me to have a  better deployment and change
management strategy then we have currently. We are soon going in production
and may encounter problems if we have any changes in schema in future.

If it doesn't sound redundent and you can spare some time, here is again my
problem -

- There are 12 .aar files one for each Web-Service.
- Some of the schemas used by these WSs are common(base.xsd, common.xsd) and
then there are XSDs related to each Web Service(WSDL). For A.wsdl -> A.xsd
etc..in some rare cases A.wsdl refers B.xsd also.A.xsd, B.xsd tc refer to
base.xsd, common.xsd.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lucky <un...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepal,
Can you/your team kindly provide your valuable suggestion on following. Also

Posted by searl <se...@ittc.ku.edu>.
Hi,