Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by greeklinux <ma...@gmx.net> on 2009/02/18 12:50:44 UTC

Jackrabbit 1.5.2 Standalone Problem

Hello,

I am trying to get Jackrabbit running as standalone server for Tests.
But I have the problem, that I can not create a connection.

I open http://localhost:8080/ and I get the JCR server page. Under the
"remote access"
section I found the info, that I can access the repository over

RMI registry: //localhost/jackrabbit.repository

I tried with rmiregistry and without.

So why is this not possible.
I like Java and I think it is a great platform, but a lot of times it is
really hard to get something
running without to have to read about a new "abbreviation". I think you get
the point....

with best regards

Re: Jackrabbit 1.5.2 Standalone Problem

Posted by greeklinux <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

thanks for this tip. I start
rmiregistry -J-cp
-Jjackrabbit-api-1.5.0.jar:jcr-1.0.jar:jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-1.5.0.jar

and after that the standalone jar.

Now the rmi connection is found and I can connect over Spring and JCR
Eclipse plugin
from day software.

I think it would be good to give this hint on the rmi page.

best regards

Posted by greeklinux <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.