Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Saad Ahmed <sa...@mantatest.com> on 2004/01/15 21:04:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Location of Webpages in Redhat 9

Hi,
I have just installed RedHat 9 and Apache is running. I can see the test page from computers on the network. I have created a webpage that I want to host. Where in Redhat should I put the page index.html so that users could access that?
Thanks,
Saad.

Re: [users@httpd] Location of Webpages in Redhat 9

Posted by Matthew Shannon <ma...@paycom.net>.
I'm assuming you are using the rpm installation of apache. There should
be an httpd configuration directory in /etc that contains the
httpd.conf. The directive you are looking for is DocumentRoot. This will
tell you where the top of the directory tree Apache is looking at is
located. I believe it defaults to /var/www/htdocs.

-matt

Posted by shane c branch <sc...@barton.edu>.
Saad Ahmed wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just installed RedHat 9 and Apache is running. I can see the test page from computers on the network. I have created a webpage that I want to host. Where in Redhat should I put the page index.html so that users could access that?
> Thanks,
> Saad.

If you are using the default location, it will be somewhere under /var/www

Check your httpd.conf file to see where the document root is set.

--
regards,

shane

Re: [users@httpd] Location of Webpages in Redhat 9

Posted by pw <p....@telus.net>.
It could be:

/var/www/html

or

$PREFIX/htdocs

$PREFIX is the path where you told ./configure to install apache