Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/10/08 17:30:55 UTC

Repositories: A small first step ...

I probably oughtn't post this yet, it show deficiencies as much as
successes, but it is a step in the right direction. Basically the Python
Gump now generates a repository of jars to match the layout that the
Jakarta Infrastructure mailing list determined (I believe) [which also
happens to be what  Maven supports]. As such, this ought be the first
step to a cascade hierarchy of Gumps building upon each other, to Gump
downloading packages, etc.

Also, folks using Ant or Eclipse (or other IDE we program a Ruper2
interface into) ought be able to easily update their jars from a nightly
Gump (should they feel so inclined). For any folks concerned, I won't
push this into Gump any time soon [and then as a optional add-on, kinda
like forrest is]. This is just a view into something available by using
the agreed upon repository format standard.

Running Ruper2 [a work in progress] locally...

1) List groups in repository [gump_dotnot] :

java org.krysalis.ruper2.tool.RepositoryTool -r gump_dotnot -g

Repository: [repo:gump_dotnot]
Root: http://gump.dotnot.org/repository/
List Type: ArrayList
Entry #0, class: ResourceGroup : ant
Entry #1, class: ResourceGroup : xml-crimson
Entry #2, class: ResourceGroup : xml-xerces

2) List contents of one group [ant]:

java org.krysalis.ruper2.tool.RepositoryTool -r gump_dotnot -l ant

List Type: ArrayList
Entry #0, class: Resource
  Resource Identifier: [java:ant]
  Resource Group: ant
  Resource Filename: ant-launcher.jar
  Resource Extension: jar
  Resource Location: http://gump.dotnot.org/repository/ant/jars/ant-launcher.jar

Entry #1, class: Resource
  Resource Identifier: [java:ant]
  Resource Type: java [i.e. http://krysalis.org/resource/java]
  Resource Group: ant
  Resource Filename: ant.jar
  Resource Extension: jar
  Resource Location: http://gump.dotnot.org/repository/ant/jars/ant.jar

Downloading the jars is what Ruper2 can then allow.

regards,

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...