Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Michael Hess <mi...@nols.edu.INVALID> on 2023/03/22 16:27:17 UTC

Upgrade Docker 1.4.0 to 1.5.0

Hi, I've got 1.4.0 running fine in docker, but I can't get the upgrade to work.

I've stopped the guacamole and guacd containers, removed them, pulled the new versions, and started them. Nothing happens at the URL. I'm running caddyle in front of it, and haven't touched that container/config.

At one point I got a direct SSO login with no settings available, so it preferred saml vs ldap that I'd set.

I also did download the saml and ldap jar's and put them into the host machines configs/guac/extensions folder.

I'm not great with Docker, still learning.

Thank you,

Michael

Re: Upgrade Docker 1.4.0 to 1.5.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 12:27 PM Michael Hess
<mi...@nols.edu.invalid> wrote:

> Hi, I've got 1.4.0 running fine in docker, but I can't get the upgrade to work.
>
> I've stopped the guacamole and guacd containers, removed them, pulled the new versions, and started them. Nothing happens at the URL. I'm running caddyle in front of it, and haven't touched that container/config.
>
> At one point I got a direct SSO login with no settings available, so it preferred saml vs ldap that I'd set.
>
> I also did download the saml and ldap jar's and put them into the host machines configs/guac/extensions folder.

This would only work if you're also passing that extensions folder
through to the guacamole-client container in the correct place.

> I'm not great with Docker, still learning.

Check the container logs for guacamole-client to see if it's logging
anything that would explain why authentication isn't working as
expected.

-Nick