Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/06/24 23:48:58 UTC

Fwd: DesignLounge @ HadoopSummit

FYI HDFS committers and developers... This will be participant-driven
unconference style session.

So no formal presentations are planned. Some of the things that we could
discuss are:
- New features recently added to HDFS such as HA, Snapshots, NFS etc.
- Other features that we as a community could focus on - such as
heterogeneous storage/support SSDs, improvements for more realtime
applications in HDFS.

 If you have other topic in mind, please do bring them up.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Cool, thanks Eric. I don't see any particular need to have a session on QJM
-- it seems to be working fine in our customers' production clusters, so I
don't have any near term road map in mind to discuss. But if anyone else
wants to sync up, happy to do so - just let me know.

-Todd

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler <eric14@hortonworks.com

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey all,

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
Should we talk about making HDFS operations idempotent in the spirit of
HDFS-4849 and HDFS-4872?
Physical discussions may be more efficient, which can save us jira writing
time.
I can work on a short summary of what was discussed so far, proposed
approaches.

Thanks,
--Konstantin