Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by "Hristova, Ralitsa" <Ra...@softwareag.com> on 2007/04/02 11:14:38 UTC

Kandula2 SOAP messages exchange

Hello, Thilina,

I'm examining Kandula2 examples (i.e. unit tests) and trying to trace
the SOAP messages between the services - initiator, coordinator and
participants.
I have this sequence diagram (attached) representing the Atomic
Transaction part of the WS-Transaction specification
 <<Seq_diagram_2PC_Commit.doc>>
But I don't notice the same communication going on in the examples - the
participants do not register with the coordinator, the initiator
registers when Commit is invoked; according to the specification every
participant is supposed to register before Commit.

Am I missing something? Or Kandula2 is not fully implemented and if so
when is it planned to be provided?

Also I'm trying to act out the same scenario as in the
CompletionCommitTest unit test but with a running Tomcat server with
Axis2. It seams to be not that simple so can you tell me in brief what
steps I need to take

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ralitsa
Ralitsa Hristova
Developer
Phone: +359 2 915 36 29
ralitsa.hristova@softwareag.com
Software AG Development Centre Bulgaria EOOD
53-55 General Totleben Blvd. | 1606 Sofia | Bulgaria
www.softwareag.com <http://www.softwareag.com/>

Re: Kandula2 SOAP messages exchange

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>:

> I'll get back to you tomorrow with a detailed mail.. (it's almost mid
> night here :) )

hmm..., what luxury!

--dasarath

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>:

> I'll get back to you tomorrow with a detailed mail.. (it's almost mid
> night here :) )

hmm..., what luxury!

--dasarath

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
> I have this sequence diagram (attached) representing the Atomic Transaction
> part of the WS-Transaction specification
>  <<Seq_diagram_2PC_Commit.doc>>
> But I don't notice the same communication going on in the examples - the
> participants do not register with the coordinator, the initiator registers
> when Commit is invoked;
Initiator registers just before sending the commit or the rollback.
>according to the specification every participant is
> supposed to register before Commit.
Every participant registers as soon as it receives a business
message.. But for this to happen you need to have the KandulaInFlow
Handler engaged to the participant service.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.