Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/19 20:53:03 UTC

veryverbose (-vv)

I'm trying to debug some of my changes for G-1526 but am not getting the
level of trace information I would expect. Is the VERYVERBOSE startup
option (-vv) still the best option to use to get the most trace/debug
output ?? Thanks.

Re: veryverbose (-vv)

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hey Tim you may want to check out this wiki page for coding standards
and best practices.  It also has some tips on logging:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/coding-standards.html

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: veryverbose (-vv)

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Re: veryverbose (-vv)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: veryverbose (-vv)

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Not sure how relevant this is but in the server-log4j.properties it
looks like the Threshold values are not consistent.  The first one is
threshold and the others are Threshold.  I think the first one is
incorrect.  I was going to play with this today but not sure when.
If someone else has time before me please do.

On Sep 19, 2006, at 3:04 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I think there is something strange going on with log4j
> configuration.  To get a reasonable level of coverage in any log
> (console or file) I have to remove/comment out the line
>
> log4j.logger.org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference=DE
> BUG
>
> In my limited experimentation that line prevents logging just about
> anything else at debug (and possibly info) no matter what the
> "global" settings are.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> On Sep 19, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Tim McConnell wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to debug some of my changes for G-1526 but am not
>> getting the level of trace information I would expect. Is the
>> VERYVERBOSE startup option (-vv) still the best option to use to
>> get the most trace/debug output ?? Thanks.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: veryverbose (-vv)

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.