Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sascha Wehnert <Sa...@torexretail.de> on 2007/01/22 14:00:51 UTC

java.exe cause high cpu utilization

Hi folks,

Problem: As soon as I access anything within tomcat (manager, probe…) java.exe

starts to stress the cpu. If I access the applications via port 8080 and bypass

Apache, everything is fine.

So my assumptions is that something within my Apache configuration is wrong but

I cannot see what. This is an extract from my httpd.conf for mod_jk:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

<IfModule mod_jk.c>

  JkWorkersFile /lucaswm/apache2/conf/workers.properties

  JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log

  JkLogLevel info

  JkMount /manager/* wintomjava

  JkMount /probe/* wintomjava

  JkMount /standard2/* wintomjava

</IfModule>

workers.properties file looks like this:

worker.list=wintomjava

worker.wintomjava.type=ajp13

worker.wintomjava.port=8009

worker.wintomjava.host=192.168.106.144

I also tried mod_jk 1.2.20 but still no luck. For testing I also setup a different tomcat on

the same system but this one showed exactly the same behaviour.

System configuration (VMware, w2k3, 1GB RAM, 6GB disk space):

Apache 2.0.59

Mod_jk 1.2.19

Tomcat 5.5.20

java version "1.5.0_09"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode)

Your help and ideas are greatly appreaciated!

Regards,

Sascha

AW: java.exe cause high cpu utilization

Posted by Sascha Wehnert <Sa...@torexretail.de>.
Hi,

looks like my tcnative-1.dll (1.1.4) was the source of all evil.
Switched to 1.1.6 and no problems so far...

Regards,

Sascha