Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by rahulBhatia <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/21 09:22:54 UTC

Hadoop eclipse java.io.EOFexception

Hello!

I'm a newbie with Hadoop and I'm just learning to set it up for a class
project. I followed all the steps in the yahoo tutorial and I'm running
hadoop on a virtual machine in VMplayer. I'm running Windows 7 on the host
machine. I'm stuck at trying to access the Hadoop HDFS from Eclipse! I've
done everything possible and I've tried everything recommended by people in
other threads.

Whenever i try to connect to the VM from Eclipse it gives me the following
error under DFS locations tab in the Eclipse Project Explorer:
Error: Call to /192.168.64.128:9000 failed on local exception
java.io.EOFException

I'm launching eclipse from Cygwin. I changed the first entry in the
hadoop.job.ugi field to "hadoop-user". I also changed the mapred.system.dir
field to "/hadoop/mapred/system". I also tried changing this field to be
"/tmp/hadoop-user/mapred/system" but it still gives the same error when I
try to reconnect. Other fields in the advanced tab like the field
dfs.data.dir have value "tmp/hadoop-user/dfs/data".

Can someone please help me out? I'm really stuck.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hadoop eclipse java.io.EOFexception

Posted by Shevek <sh...@karmasphere.com>.
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 00:22 -0700, rahulBhatia wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm a newbie with Hadoop and I'm just learning to set it up for a class
> project. I followed all the steps in the yahoo tutorial and I'm running
> hadoop on a virtual machine in VMplayer. I'm running Windows 7 on the host
> machine. I'm stuck at trying to access the Hadoop HDFS from Eclipse! I've
> done everything possible and I've tried everything recommended by people in
> other threads.

Hi,

You may find some of the answer to your troubles with an alternative
plugin, which you can get from http://www.hadoopstudio.org/

It's somewhat richer in features, and I know of classes which have run
successfully using it. It also works natively on Windows without using
cygwin or any other tricks.

Good luck.

S.

--
http://www.hadoopstudio.org/
Karmasphere Studio for Hadoop - An intuitive visual interface to Big Data