Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by IndianAtTech <in...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/05 08:14:00 UTC

DomSource Vs SaxSource Vs StreamSource

Hi All,

I would like to know the difference between SaxSource,DomSource and
StreamSource.

And also at what Scenarios developer should use above instances. What
are the advantages/disadvantages of one Source Object over other two
source objects.

Thanks
Inidan

Re: DomSource Vs SaxSource Vs StreamSource

Posted by IndianAtTech <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

This is not homework my friend. I am just learning the concepts and I
didn't understand why apache team has provided three source objects in
order to transform the XML  to other form.

As per initail understanding

I understand that transformer transforms the XML, based on events
araised  for SaxSource as SAX  works on event driven mechanism. And I
am thinking that, this object is used whenever I transform the huge
XMLs. Am I right on this??

And DomSource is based on Document Object model. But I do not
understand why we need to maintain the objects in memory while
transforming the XML. Is there any specific reason??

Coming to StreamSource it is stream mechanism. And What I am thinking
is it is faster than SAX.

Am I right on all the above thoughts. If not plz clarify me??

And also as per initial query, plz let me know when and where we can
go for those Source Objects and also also plz let me know their
Individual advantages/disadvantages so that I can get clear picture in
mind on this Transforming mechanisms.

Hope I get the positive Response

Thanks
Indian