Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Arun Kumar <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/23 07:19:33 UTC

Issue in running giraph example in hadoop2.2

While running Giraph over Hadoop 2.2 I am getting the below exception

14/02/20 04:52:44 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.job.tracker is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.jobtracker.address

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration: When using LocalJobRunner, you cannot run
in split master / worker mode since there is only 1 task at a time!

                at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphJob.checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration(GiraphJob.java:157)

                at org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphJob.run(GiraphJob.java:225)

                at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:94)

                at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)

                at
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:124)

                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

                at

                at

One of the solution found in the archive was to modify
/directory-to-hadoop/conf/mapred-site.xml with:

<property>

  <name>mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum</name>

  <value>4</value>

</property>

<property>

  <name>mapred.map.tasks</name>

  <value>4</value>

</property>

But in my case it did not work..

Can somebody help?

Regards

-Arun

Re: Issue in running giraph example in hadoop2.2

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
You need to configure Giraph not to split workers and master via
giraph.SplitMasterWorker=false

You can either set it in giraph-site.xml or pass via command
line option -ca giraph.SplitMasterWorker=false

Thanks,
Roman.