Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2004/04/08 17:37:31 UTC

[JOB] Senior Developer in Washington, DC

Most of you probably saw our posting on the jobs.perl.org, but in case
anyone missed it, here it is again.  My company, Plus Three
(http://plusthree.com/) is hiring in Washington, DC.  At some point in
the future we may be looking for someone in New York City as well.

We're a consulting company, doing a lot of work based on mod_perl.  Our
clients include the Democratic National Committee, Democratic GAIN, the
United Federation of Teachers, and John Kerry for President.

Here's some more info from our listing:

We need a senior Perl programmer to lead development in our Washington,
D.C. office.  We are building complex, high-traffic web sites using open
source software, including GNU/Linux, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL and
XML::Comma.

Required skills:
* Demonstrable programming ability and experience with Perl, including
OO design, effective use of the CPAN, and familiarity with modern web
development tools like mod_perl and templating systems.

* A broad knowledge of Internet technology, and a desire to find things
out empirically rather than rely on conjecture (i.e. someone who is not
afraid to telnet to port 80).

* A desire to plan for the future with suitable programming
abstractions, automated test suites, and version control, and in general
to feel in control of your own destiny.

* Expressive verbal and written communications skills. Direct
interaction with clients will be involved.

You can send your resume to senior-developer@plusthree.com.

Thanks,
Perrin