Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2014/03/14 08:15:25 UTC

working with DOM and text for implementing realtime chat

Hi,

I'm trying to emulate something like Facebooks chat facility. I need to display a list of messages that make up a conversation.

Every so often I want to append any new messages to the end of the list. I also need all of the output text fully escaped so that \n becomes <br/> and so forth.

How should I approach achieving this with a tapestry component.

John

---

Re: working with DOM and text for implementing realtime chat

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
yea I am using tapestry-cometd with jquery currently so once I do the
migration I will use 5.4/jquery.

Thanks. I will try this in couple of weeks and see what happens :)

Cheers

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: working with DOM and text for implementing realtime chat

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
Lance did you had any issues running it with 5.4. I plan to update my stuff
in a month from now so just wondering is there is something to look out for

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.