Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2018/10/30 16:10:58 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Hi All,

By popular demand, I've created a 4.11.2.0 release (RC4), with the following artefacts up for testing and a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SH:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.11.2.0-RC20181030T1040
Commit: 840ad40017612e169665fa799a6d31a23ecad347

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.11.2.0/

PGP release keys (signed using 8B309F7251EE0BC8):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

The vote will be open until Sunday 4th November.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Additional information:

For users' convenience, I've built packages from 840ad40017612e169665fa799a6d31a23ecad347 and published RC4 repository here:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/testing/41120rc4/

The release notes are still work-in-progress, but the systemvm template upgrade section has been updated. You may refer the following for systemvm template upgrade testing:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/latest/index.html

4.11.2 systemvm templates are as before and available from here:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/testing/systemvm/4112rc3

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com>.
-1

Only because we believe this issue is a regression upgrading from 4.9.3.
Existing network offerings created under 4.9.3 should continue to work when
creating new networks under 4.11.2.  Please see
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/2989

best,

Jfn

Posted by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com>.
-1

wrote:

> +1
>
> I’ve done upgrade testing from 4.9 on a VMWare based environment and it
> went well, I think all the issues delivered with this RC are being verified
> and confirmed. I’ve also executed some general lifecycle tests around main
> components like (VMs, Networks, Volumes, Storages etc)
>
> Thanks,
> Bobby.
>

> boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue
>

> On 4 Nov 2018, at 3:52, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:
> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>> wrote:
>
> +1 (binding) based on automated smoketests on xenserver/vmware/kvm and
> manual tests on kvm+centos7 based Adv zone env. I did not check gpg
> signatures on the artifact this time.
>
> Regards.

> ________________________________

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 16:36, Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>> wrote:

+1 (binding)

I've tested:

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Assuming I may vote:

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Assuming I may vote:

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Upgraded from 4.11.1 to 4.11.2.
- create/use/delete system and user VMs
- register new template
- register service offering
- work with hosts (add, maintenance, remove)

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
+1 (binding)

I've tested:

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.11.2.0 RC4

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
+1 (binding)

I've tested:

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.