Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Conrad O'Dea <co...@iona.com> on 2006/02/10 15:53:20 UTC

mutiple WebServiceBuilder gbeans

Hi,

in the current default configuration for Geronimo, there appears to
be single WebServiceBuilder deployed which is the AxisBuilder.  Is it
possible to have a second builder of this type deployed? Is so what
will happen when another Gbean (for example the Jetty or Tomcat
deployer) invokes on it?

Basically, I am looking for a way to deploy another WebServiceBuilder
that can be used by the module deployers without having to update the
plans for each, if possible.

thanks
Conrad

Re: mutiple WebServiceBuilder gbeans

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Feb 10, 2006, at 6:53 AM, Conrad O'Dea wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the current default configuration for Geronimo, there appears to
> be single WebServiceBuilder deployed which is the AxisBuilder.  Is
> it possible to have a second builder of this type deployed? Is so
> what will happen when another Gbean (for example the Jetty or
> Tomcat deployer) invokes on it?
>
> Basically, I am looking for a way to deploy another
> WebServiceBuilder that can be used by the module deployers without
> having to update the plans for each, if possible.

You won't be able to use it for ejb web services because the openejb
web service implementation is hard coded to use axis.

However, I think the POJO ws should be OK.  I think the easiest
solution is to write a plan for your WSB that gives it the same name
as the axis one, and deploy the resulting configuration instead of
the axis one.  (I'm assuming you are working with trunk where we have
separated the builders more than in 1.0)

You may also need to write suitable "adapter" servlets similar to
JettyPOJOWebServiceHolder.

There are probably lots of problems you will run into so please feel
free to speak up, complain, etc etc

thanks
david jencks