Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2005/11/03 16:48:18 UTC

stupid question : building plugins

This is going to sound like a moderately stupid question.  How do you
build maven plugins from source?  I can get the source (no problems with
svn).  I'd like to do a build of the latest but I can't really figure it
out.  I've tried:

- Building everything by bootstrap.  I cannot get this to work, and I'd
assume this is more than I'd really want to do anyway.

- Just trying to build the maven-plugins director.  I get the following:
   org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-tools-api:2.0.1-SNAPSHOT:jar

I tried building the maven-plugin-tools package, and start getting other
dependencies.  So...

- I tried running 'mvn install' on the root of the maven source
directory, which tells me I need the new version of the assembly plugin
(which can't be built because I need the new core stuff, rinse and
repeat...).  I tried doing this with the nightly and ran into similar
issues.

Anyway, is there just a simple doc that has instructions for building
new versions of the plugins?  Is there something simple I'm not doing?
I've spent some time digging Nabble but can't find anything.

Re: stupid question : building plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You don't need to rebuild all the plugins at once - just build the
plugins individually. The assembly change is unfortunate, we'll get
that released soon.

- Brett