Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michel Goldstein <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 19:10:33 UTC

New InputSuggestAjax not working with my use case

Hi,

I was using the "old" InputSuggestAjax for autocompletion that accepted
receiving the beginning of the middle word of a phrase. For example:

Entering "m" would give me:

"know my components"
"MyFaces"
"oh my!"

However, in the new version of the component, it automatically picks up the
first word and assumes that you typed the first letter of this word. For my
example above it would add to the text box "k|now my components" (the "|"
symbol is where cursor would be) and then suddenly it would think that I
actually entered "k" instead of "m" and recalculate all my suggestions for
"k".

Is this a valid use case for the new component and it doesn't work right now
because it's still in development phase? Or should I plan to stick to the
old component or create one of my own to deal with this use case?

Thank you,
Michel

Re: New InputSuggestAjax not working with my use case

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michel,

contributing to open source is always welcome :)

What the component currently doesnt have is the possibility to style
the suggested pop up.
Also some new attributes to manipulate its behaviour in a more fine
granulated manner would be a cool thing.

I will have a look at this issues the next two weeks, if there is time
for you to work on it, go on! But please let me first know; working on
the same stuff, isn`t really necessary :)

regards,

Gerald

--
Gerald Muellan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: New InputSuggestAjax not working with my use case

Posted by Michel Goldstein <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerald,

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michel,