Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 16:04:08 UTC

How to limit results in yahoo sample?

Hello,

I did the following based on documentation at
[1]<http://developer.yahoo.com/search/web/V1/webSearch.html>
    results_node = axiom_node_create (env);
    results_element = axiom_element_create (env, root_node, "results", NULL,
&results_node);
    axiom_element_set_text (results_element, env, "2",  results_node);

I get an error : "Builder done with pulling. Cannot pull any more".

1) What does this mean?
2) How should I limit the results?

Regards,
Yuva

[1] http://developer.yahoo.com/search/web/V1/webSearch.html

Re: How to limit results in yahoo sample?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1) I discovered that for "results" parameter, the expectation is an
> integer.
Yes, but when that is serialized to XML, the integer value would be sent
as a string anyway. So when using OM, it is OK to use
axiom_element_set_string  with the value you want.
> 2) There is no axiom_element_set_integer call available.
If you want to use data typing, then you have to use ADB (Axis2 Data
Binding). To use ADB, you have to code generate with a WSDL using the
ADB mode using the WSDL2C tool that comes with Axis2/Java.
> 3) When I pass the value as a string from the scripting environment, I
> get an error that indicates that parameter is not right.
What you need to do here is to use an integer to string converter
function and pass the resulting string to the AXIOM level.
> 4) If I try to pass an integer, there is no matching signature.
OM model is based on text, because XML is text based. That is why we do
not have a matching integer signature. If you want that, the proper way
to do it is to use ADB mode, for which you need the WSDL and to code
generate as well. For your requirement, I think it would be much easier
to use the solution that I proposed in 3) above.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,