Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harkishin Nachnani <hn...@microaut.com> on 2001/04/11 20:14:56 UTC

Servlet deployment

Hi all:
For a customer demo, I had written a small servlet and deployed it on Java
Web Server 2.0.
But we have an evaluation version of Java Web Server so we have to
re-install it every 30/45 days.
So I just thought of switching over to Tomcat.
Basically, I just have a couple of html and gif files, 1 webcallback.class
(servlet) and Libm2w32.dll (since servlet uses native methods)

I have successfully installed Tomcat 3.2.1 and the sample jsps work fine.
Can anyone tell me where I should place all the files (.html, .gif, .class,
.dll) of my application ??? Do I need to change the server.xml and add a new
context path ???
Can someone kindly tell me the easiest and fastest way to get the servlet
working since its just a demo machine ???

Thanks
Harry