Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/31 07:43:25 UTC

Welcome to Apache Tika!

Hi,

Welcome to the Apache Tika project! The Tika mailing lists are now up
and running and I'll follow up with other news as infrastructure gets
set up and Rida gets his committer account.

The Tika project now has three mailing lists:

    * tika-dev@incubator.apache.org
    * tika-commits@incubator.apache.org
    * tika-private@incubator.apache.org

I've taken the liberty to seed the lists with all the initial
committers and mentors from the Tika proposal:

    * rida.benjelloun@doculibre.com
    * mharwood@apache.org
    * mattmann@apache.org
    * siren@apache.org
    * jukka.zitting@gmail.com
    * cutting@apache.org
    * bdelacretaz@apache.org

You can use the standard qmail -subscribe and -unsubscribe addresses
to modify your subscriptions if you like.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Welcome to Apache Tika!

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 3/31/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome to the Apache Tika project! The Tika mailing lists are now up
> and running and I'll follow up with other news as infrastructure gets
> set up and Rida gets his committer account.

As you can see from the Jira notifications, an issue tracker for Tika
is now available at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA. I've
configured all the initial committers as the tika-developers group and
Bertrand and Doug as additional committers for the project in Jira so
everyone should have broad access to manage the project.

To get started I set up two broad components, "documentation" and
"general", and a single version "0.1-incubator" for the project. We
should probably come up with a reasonable set of components as the
Tika design starts to form up. The version number is also very initial
and can even be removed if so wished, but I would suggest that we
target for a relatively early "preview" release once all the relevant
seed codebases have been imported and integrated into a relatively
coherent whole.

BR,

Jukka Zitting