Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/04/02 19:04:32 UTC

Notification Center: Should I be concerned?

When logging into CS UI, I keep seeing notifications; for one, my primary/secondary are both online. There are not any issues at hand that I can see. However, is there a way to clear the alerts; instead of causing me to be concerned when they are false positives?

- Maurice

RE: Notification Center: Should I be concerned?

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
Well , not until now there has been any requirement demanding this . But if you feel so , please raise a requirement request on apache JIRA and we'll be glad to work on it .  We could either delete them from the db or archive them in case the user wants the alerts to be cleared off only from the UI but continue to persist in the db .

Thanks,
Pranav

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Pranav,

Is this going to change in upcoming release(s)? It seems silly to not be
able to acknowledge/clear alerts.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>wrote:

>  One way is to delete them from the db itself if you aren’t interested in
> what’s being showcased on the UI . Other way is to tweak the UI code to not
> to display these alerts if they don’t happen to bother you at all J .
> There’s no direct way on the UI to clear them off though as of now .  ****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards,****
>
> Pranav****
>
> ** **

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475

RE: Notification Center: Should I be concerned?

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
One way is to delete them from the db itself if you aren't interested in what's being showcased on the UI . Other way is to tweak the UI code to not to display these alerts if they don't happen to bother you at all :) .  There's no direct way on the UI to clear them off though as of now .

Regards,
Pranav

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Oliver Leach <Ol...@tatacommunications.com>.
There was obviously an event of some sort that triggered the alert which is why you see these alerts. If you are sure they are old you can remove them in the database - there is a cloud.alerts table that holds this information in the database - also there is a cloud.event table that holds other information you see in the dashboard. You can clear it if you are sure they are no longer needed. I would like to see recent events and alerts removed say after 2 weeks, or a clear recent events/alerts threshold setting in Cloudstack which clears these up. Not sure that exists just yet. A routine in mysql could help here which could archive these alerts if something doesn't exist in Cloudstack but that would have to be something you implement and maintain.

Oliver Leach
Platform Architect
InstaCompute