Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/28 16:24:38 UTC

Lost the Administrator function

I access Tomcat by http://localhost:8080   I then go to Tomcat Administration.  I sign in with the user name and password I set at the installation of Tomcat.  (Windows 2000 Server SP3)   On the left side I select anything.  Say users under User Definition.

HTTP Status 503 - Servlet action is currently unavailable

type Status report

message Servlet action is currently unavailable

description The requested service (Servlet action is currently unavailable) is not currently available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.29

What's wrong?  The server seems to be working well in all other respects.  Thanks.

--
George Hester

Re: Lost the Administrator function

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 02/29/2004 02:02 PM Adam Hardy wrote:
> On 02/29/2004 01:34 AM George Hester wrote:
>
>> This is the error:
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
>> ActionFormBeans collection
>>

> Hmmm, sounds like your admin app is really struggling. :)
>
> I think your best bet is to do a fresh install of tomcat. If that's a
> problem, then copy the admin app directory over to the original tomcat.

I see you already downloaded tomcat. If you're still not having any
luck, don't forget the fresh copy of the admin.xml file as well.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian

Re: Lost the Administrator function

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 03/01/2004 09:25 AM Adam Hardy wrote:
> On 02/29/2004 09:01 PM George Hester wrote:
>
>> Well it just died entirely. crap.
>>

> Which? The fresh installation?

OK, just read your other messages. Glad you sorted it out.

Adam

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.
Well it just died entirely. crap.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"George Hester" <he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c1t6md$mfl$1@sea.gmane.org...
Yeah I know.  It's just the Admin function all else seems fine.  So when I get to the point that using it is necessary then I'll likely have to blow it (Tomcat 4.1.29) away.  I have Tomcat 4.1.30 in a different machine so I''ll try to get that one to the point where it mimcs this installation and check the Admin function after each war and the ISAPI redirector.  Don't know what else I can do.

--
George Hester
__________________________________

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.
Well I can break the Administrator functionality at will.  Using the ISAPI_Redirector.dll.  Once I get that working correctly and try to make a virtual directory for Tomcat not under C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1 but somewhere else all hell breaks loose in the Administrator Function.

It seems that this ISPAI redirector for IIS just is not going to be.  I will now remove the context in my server.xml and and the mappimgs in uriworkermap.properties back to when the Adminitrator Functionality worked.  But my hunch is once it is broken it is broken for good.

Nope it's not broken for good.  I just have to remove the virtual directory (IIS) which is NOT under C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps (it's under C:\Inetpub) mapping from the uriworkermap.properties file and remove the Context from server.xml.  And that fixes the loss of the Adminstrator function.

I have a few tother things to try to see if I can keep the functionlity of having a virtual directory as far as Tomcat is concerned NOT under C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps but I'm getting a little tired now.  Hope you has a nice weekend Adam.

--
George Hester
__________________________________

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.
Well just to toot my horn for now.  I have it all back.  But Tomcat 4.1.30 this time.
No wars installed. One virtual directory hooked up to IIS.
And the Adminitrator function is still working.  My sever.xml is not right.  I have this:

  acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

sitting UNDER all the Context mappings.  It shouldn't be there.  But it's working
so it stays that way for now.

I uncommented nothing nor changed anything in server.xml other then what I added
for Context purposes and the above.  My web.xml in the virtual directory is back to
a replica of ROOT's web.xml.

In the future I'll be checking that Administrator function if I so much as pet Tomcat.
cu

--
George Hester

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.