Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by TorAtle <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/19 18:48:39 UTC

Wildcard searches and document boost

I have indexed a number of geotagged locations and want the results sorted by
relevance.

For instance, when searching for "wash*" I want "Washington" (the city) to
appear before "Washington Park", so I have boosted the "Washington"
document. Unfortunately, when using WildcardQuery, the score is always 1.0.

Luke says my query has been rewritten to "ConstantScore(myField:wash*), so
that sort of explains what's going on. But why? And short of sorting the
result, what is the solution to my problem?

Best regards,
Tor Atle

RE: Wildcard searches and document boost

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
WildcardQuery is a subclass of MultiTermQuery, read the javadocs about MTQ,
than you might understand whats going on and what you can do.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen