Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Endi Sukma Dewata <en...@vergenet.com> on 2005/02/09 00:36:05 UTC

Problem with mixed case in suffix

Hi,

I'm Endi Dewata from Verge Archemedia Labs in Austin, TX. I'm working with
Adison Wongkar trying to hook up our Virtual Directory product with
ApacheDS. So far so good, but it seems that we just found a minor problem
with suffixes that contain capital letters (e.g. dc=VergeNet,dc=com). It's
not a blocking problem for us, but I just want to know if this is a known
issue or has been addressed before. Here's the description of the problem:

In ServerContextFactory.java line #630, JdbmDatabase is initialized with
un-normalized suffix.

            Database db = new JdbmDatabase( upSuffix, wkdir );

But in JdbmDatabase.java line #673, when adding an entry to the database,
the suffix is compared with the normalized dn of the new entry.

        if ( dn.equals( suffix ) )

This is causing the add operation to fail.

A similar problem also happens here. In RootNexus.java line #203, the suffix
is being normalized during registration.

        backends.put( backend.getSuffix( true ).toString(), backend );

However, in RootNexus.java line #556, the dn used to look up the backend is
not normalized.

                return ( ContextPartition ) backends.get(
clonedDn.toString() );

This is causing the search operation to fail.

Should I file a bug? Thank you very much.

--

Endi S. Dewata

Re: Problem with mixed case in suffix

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Also if you could (not necessary though) please submit a simple JUnit
test case or two to demonstrate the bug.  If you attach it to your JIRA
issue, I can commit the test contribution to svn and it would make
fixing this a snap for me.

Thanks again,
Alex

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.