Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Beeston <ar...@bigpond.com> on 2018/09/05 13:01:17 UTC

Use of Record changes

Dear Users

I have a question I would like answered please

I am using Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 7.

I have a 20 page document that I created and it had to be amended. I ticked the box under Record Changes and amended the document which then showed any changes I had made including cut and paste and deletions and new work. This was sent to a supervisor who now wants further amendments to be made but is happy with the amendments that have been made so far.
How can I save the new document without the changes being yellow hi-lited so I can work on the new changes and record them so that the supervisor does not have to wade through all the changes that he has okayed.

Can I copy & paste and save on a new file name without the change record being ticked or do I have to copy and save under new name and then somehow run thru the document and manually delete all the changes and then save again and will this then have all the old okayed changes to revert to black?
]
Many Thanks

Richard (ar2lebe@bigpond.com)

Re: Use of Record changes

Posted by Richard Beeston <ar...@bigpond.com>.
Hi Brian

Yes

Thanks so much

Richard

At 23:01 05/09/2018 +1000, Richard Beeston wrote:
>I have a 20 page document that I created and it had to be amended. I
>ticked the box under Record Changes and amended the document which
>then showed any changes I had made including cut and paste and
>deletions and new work. This was sent to a supervisor who now wants
>further amendments to be made but is happy with the amendments that
>have been made so far.
>How can I save the new document without the changes being yellow
>hi-lited so I can work on the new changes and record them so that
>the supervisor does not have to wade through all the changes that he
>has okayed.
>
>Can I copy & paste and save on a new file name without the change
>record being ticked or do I have to copy and save under new name and
>then somehow run thru the document and manually delete all the
>changes and then save again and will this then have all the old
>okayed changes to revert to black?

It would be very simple and quick to test your theories on a test
document, of course. But there is no need to do any of that. Just go
to Edit | Changes > | Accept or Reject... . You can select individual
changes or groups of changes (using Ctrl+click or Shift+click) and
use either Accept or Reject. In your case, you can just choose Accept All.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Use of Record changes

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.