Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Soumitra Johri <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/18 21:04:54 UTC

inter spark application communication

Hi,

I have two applications : App1 and App2.
On a single cluster I have to spawn 5 instances os App1 and 1 instance of
App2.

What would be the best way to send data from the 5 App1 instances to the
single App2 instance ?

Right now I am using Kafka to send data from one spark application to the
spark application  but the setup doesn't seem right and I hope there is a
better way to do this.

Warm Regards
Soumitra

Re: inter spark application communication

Posted by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Putting this back in User email list…

Ok,

So its not inter-job communication, but taking the output of Job 1 and using it as input to job 2.
(Chaining of jobs.)

So you don’t need anything fancy…

Posted by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com>.
have you thought about Akka?