Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jano Fetyko <ja...@phase2online.com> on 2003/04/02 05:11:18 UTC

SSL via files for Apache ?

Hi all,

I have search the archive but didn't find an answer to my dilema. Our admin got me SSL certificate and private key that they use on their Apache server for SSL. It's signed by Verisign.

I was wondering if there is a way to use these files to create the keystore instead of going through the process of creating the self signed cert. , submitting to Verisign and then adding those to keystore as described in the Tomcat SSL how to. ???

My concern is that since we already have these files and it has been payed for, we don't want to pay Verisgn again to sign another certificate.

Thank you for all your response.

Jano