Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Pete Robbins <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/07 11:43:54 UTC

Java 9

Is anyone working on support for running Spark on Java 9? Is this in a
roadmap anywhere?

Cheers,

Re: Java 9

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Let me fill you in on the Quality Outreach.

I send out email every 2-3 weeks depending on contents of the builds,
example attached.
I try to highlight significant changes in the builds, allowing you to
decide if you might want
to test with a particular build. We don't expect you to test every
build, it's entirely up to you.

If you would like us to list your project(s) on the Quality Outreach
wiki [1] , can you provide a
contact name , mailing list , the current status of you testing against
JDK 8 &  JDK 9, and a
CI if possible  ?

Rgds, Rory

[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: Java 9

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
tl;dr:

The critical internal APIs proposed to remain accessible in JDK 9 are:

sun.misc.{Signal,SignalHandler}

sun.misc.Unsafe (The functionality of many of the methods in this class is
now available via variable handles (JEP 193).)

sun.reflect.Reflection::getCallerClass(int) (The functionality of this
method may be provided in a standard form via JEP 259.)

sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newConstructorForSerialization

Re: Java 9

Posted by Felix Yang <fe...@oracle.com>.
Excuse me,

Re: Java 9