Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rmh1 <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/02 11:03:27 UTC

Setting ActiveMQ Queues and QCFs as XA

Hi All,

I have done a search across the forums and there doesn't seem to be much
hope, but i thought i would try and ask none the less %-|

Does anyone know anything about configuring ActiveMQ as XA? I am using
Websphere App server and can't for the life of me work out how to set it
up!!

any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Setting ActiveMQ Queues and QCFs as XA

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

rmh1 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have done a search across the forums and there doesn't seem to be much
> hope, but i thought i would try and ask none the less %-|
>
> Does anyone know anything about configuring ActiveMQ as XA? I am using
> Websphere App server and can't for the life of me work out how to set it
> up!!
>
> any help would be much appreciated!

Maybe I do not understand your question, but I think in ActiveMQ there is
nothing to configure as XA.

On the client (i.e. Websphere) side:

Use the ActiveMQ resource adapter and add a javax.jms.XAConnectionFactory
connection-definition to "META-INF/ra.xml" like here:

            <connection-definition>

<managedconnectionfactory-class>org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory</managedconnectionfactory-class>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.XAConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>

<connectionfactory-impl-class>org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-impl-class>

<connection-interface>javax.jms.XAConnection</connection-interface>

<connection-impl-class>org.apache.activemq.ra.ManagedConnectionProxy</connection-impl-class>
            </connection-definition>

Don't know why that's not included by default. If you use the JMS 1.0.2
style TopicSessions and QueueSessions, you must also define a connection
definition for them.

I don't know WebSphere, but there should be a datasource deployment
definition that links to the "connectionfactory-interface" in "ra.xml" of
the resource adapter.

In JBoss it looks like this:

   <tx-connection-factory>
      <adapter-display-name>ActiveMQ JMS Adapter for XA generic
destinations</adapter-display-name>
      <jndi-name>activemq/XAConnectionFactory</jndi-name>
      <xa-transaction/>
      <track-connection-by-tx/>
      <rar-name>activemq-rar-5.1.0.rar</rar-name>

<connection-definition>javax.jms.XAConnectionFactory</connection-definition>

<security-domain-and-application>XAConnectionFactoryRealm</security-domain-and-application>
   </tx-connection-factory>

hope this helps

BTW: maybe you should also look at jmsjca RA from Sun:
https://jmsjca.dev.java.net/

Hans