Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Axel Nennker <ig...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 13:36:31 UTC

change to cordova-plugin-console

Hi,

this commit
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-console/commit/d58f218b9149d362ebb0b8ce697cf403569d14cd#diff-53f390d375398624afe1cfe1125f42bfR36

moved the common code from the platforms up one level into the common space
in plugin.xml.

Please revert this change.

On Android this change means that the plugin is used even though the
implementation of console on Android is good.

The consequence of this change is that now all console output looks like
this:
I/chromium(28763): [INFO:CONSOLE(173)] "..I.. (myApp:MyApp) closeApp()",
source:
file:///android_asset/www/plugins/cordova-plugin-console/www/console-via-logger.js
(173)
That is the file and linenumber information are worse than without the
plugin.
Now the developer does not see where the console.log statement is in their
code but the always see console-via-logger.js (173).

Our ios developer says he needs the plugin. So I want it to be added to the
build but not on Android. For now I am using an older version again in our
project but this is not a nice solution I think.
 cheers
Axel