Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by SpiridonovAlex <sp...@mail.ru> on 2014/09/23 11:39:09 UTC

[bug] Error: Comparison method violates its general contract!

Hello, guys!

We have a large project on as3, that we compile with flex sdk using fcsh
tool (+our deamon fcshd
http://code.google.com/p/flash-automation/wiki/FCSHD).

Also we have a some kind of tests for this project that we also compile with
flex sdk by the same way.

There is the problem with compilation of tests: _every_ second attempt fcsh
returns

"Error: Comparison method violates its general contract!"

and we need to restart our demon every time we want to compile tests.

It's only tests are affected (main project compiled ok) and I have no idea
what the cause.

Unfortunately, it's too hard for me to get small project reproducing the
problem, but I can give you any
additional information, testing or other help if you need it.

best regards,
Alex Spiridonov

Re: [bug] Error: Comparison method violates its general contract!

Posted by SpiridonovAlex <sp...@mail.ru>.
Thank you very much, Tom!

> Is there a full stack trace returned ?
No as I can see. May be I can find it somewhere?

> |-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true|

With this fix it's all right now. And yes, we use last java 1.7.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 23/09/14 10:39, SpiridonovAlex wrote:
> There is the problem with compilation of tests:_every_  second attempt fcsh
> returns
>
> "Error: Comparison method violates its general contract!"
Is there a full stack trace returned ?

is it this : http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8004
in which case it should go away under Java 1.6 ?
If so, when I had this issue in Flash Builder, adding

|-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true|

made it work under Java 1.7

Tom